Puppy Purchase Agreement
6564 Cherry Ln
Nampa, ID 83687
I. BUYER AGREES:
1. To have puppy examined within 72 Hours of purchase by a licensed veterinarian to validate this guarantee.
2. The puppy is not being purchased for resale and will never be sold to a pet shop, puppy mill, or agent of same.
3. To continue with vet exams and follow all recommendations of vet in regard to shots and proper care. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees.
4. The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as value of show dog or shipping fees.
5. To keep puppy/dog in good physical condition and proper weight.
6. To have puppy spay/neutered between 1–2 years of age, unless this puppy was purchased as a show/breeder quality puppy. UC Davis Golden retriever study suggests neutering affects dog health: http://news.ucdavis.edu/search/news_detail.lasso?id=10498
7. If puppy was purchased as a show/breeder quality puppy then buyer agrees not to breed a bitch till she is a minimum of 2 years of age and a dog until he is 18 months of age.
8. If for any reason you are unable to keep your puppy/dog you must notify us immediately. A Farmhouse Golden offspring must be returned to us, or give us the opportunity to help you place the dog in a fitting home.
II. BREEDER AGREES:
1. Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date and has been examined by a veterinarian. Puppy has received its first shots and been wormed at the proper times. Records will be furnished at the time of purchase. If puppy is being shipped such records will be with puppy. If within 72 hours of receiving the puppy and he/she is examined by a reputable veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be a risk due to a congenital defect which causes death, owner shall notify breeder and provide a written statement from a licensed vet describing puppy's condition and shall return the puppy and papers to the breeder within three days of the examination. This does not include worms, fleas, mites, coccidian, giardia, eye/ear infections or any other parasites as they are common in dogs and puppies.
2. Breeder is not responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after leaving breeder's possession.
3. 1-Year Health Guarantee: Breeder guarantees puppy against any congenital defect causing death of or making necessary euthanasia until one year of age. Replacement puppy will be given in this case.
4. In the case of sudden demise of puppy, breeder must receive a written notice of puppy's death from owner's vet, along with a necropsy report stating cause of death, and have DNA to determine the dog or puppy is of Farmhouse Goldens lineage.
To be covered by this guarantee, Puppy must be owned by original owner named in this agreement.
THE FOLLOWING WILL VOID ALL GUARANTEES:
A. Buyer permitting the dog to be underfed or overfed at any time.
Definition of Underfed: Ribs are highly visible
Ideal Body Condition: Can feel outline of ribs. Dog has waist when viewed from above. Belly is tucked when viewed from the side.
Definition of Overfed: Dog has no waist when viewed from above. Belly is founded when viewed from the side.
B. Evidence of neglect or abuse.
C. Previous related trauma (broken bones, related injuries, etc..)
D. Dog has been bred.
E. Evidence of Strenuous Exercise for example: No treadmill, no jogging prior to the age of one, no extensive standing on back of legs, no extensive retrieving or playing on slippery floors.
7. Breeder does not guarantee color, size, championship or temperament of any puppy.
8. I GUARANTEE GOOD HEALTH AND NO HEREDITARY DEFECTS. I DO NOT GUARANTEE AGAINST COMMUNICABLE DISEASES SUCH AS PARVO, DISTEMPER, RABIES, ETC.
Be very careful where you take your pup until fully immunized against these types of diseases. (No dog parks, no training centers, no school playgrounds, etc.)
Please call us if you ever have questions or concerns about your puppy. We are here to help and support you throughout the life of your puppy!
Buyer Signature__________________________________ Date______________
Breeder Signature________________________________ Date_______________